How to Reduce Nausea and Vomiting During Early Pregnancy?
Like most pregnant women, you have discovered that the early weeks of pregnancy can feel like one long, sickening ride on a rollercoaster. Vomiting is also very common at the very early stage and it lasts only for first three months of pregnancy. Don’t lose heart because you have 75-80% mums to be for company. Nausea or pregnancy or ‘morning sickness’ can strike morning, noon or night.
The good news is, it usually does not last beyond the 3rd month.
There is no single explanation to why you feel sick, though rising hormonal levels are probably responsible.
Tips to Reduce Nausea and Vomiting During Early Pregnancy
We clinicians and gynaecologists do give you medicines including Vit B6 for help you with the nausea, here are a few things you can try for the same:
- Keep plain biscuits, toasted bread or crackers by your bed. Nibble a few and then rest before getting out of bed in the morning.
- Eat small, frequent meals as an empty stomach can increase nausea. Foods high in protein or complex carbohydrates help fight nausea.
- Try to avoid rich, spicy, or fried foods and eat less fat in general.
- Drink fluids only in between meals and limit them during meals.
- Snack on bland food throughout the day. Dry biscuits and yoghurt are good options.
- Sniff lemons. The smell of a cut lemon may help your nausea.
- Drink ginger tea or eat ginger biscuits.
While most patients will settle down with the above, there will be some who continue to vomit and sometimes can’t even keep liquids down. If that happens with you, make sure you get in touch with us for remedial measures.
Consult with Best Gynecologist in Kolkata
The wisest decision is to stay in touch with your doctor, but it is better to have the best gynaecologist in Kolkata to consult with. There are many gynaecologists and infertility specialists in Kolkata, but a gynaecologist like Dr. Rajeev Agarwal (director of Care IVF) can understand your problem and prescribe you the right medication.
Unlike others Dr. Rajeev Agarwal from the best IVF centre and infertility clinic in Kolkata welcomes patients not to enrol them for the treatment, but for the patient counselling which is beneficial for both the doctors and patients.
So, do you want to book an appointment?
Book and appointment by CLICKING HERE, or just call us at +91 766-866-6633